Transport Office Assistant and Administrator
Published: March 7, 2019
We are currently looking for a conscientious candidate who has an excellent attention to detail to join our busy office as a Transport Office Assistant and Administrator.
Norris is a successful and professional waste management and recycling business. Established in 1972 we have grown and expanded over the years to now having four fully licenced recycling and processing facilities (Orpington, Greenwich, Bexley and more recently Brixton SE24).
We offer a comprehensive range of services to a wide range of customers from the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure companies, councils, schools, independent builders and also domestic and residential skip hire.
Job Type / Category
The role of Transport Office Assistant and Administrator is working within the transport and sales office based in BR5.
You will assist both the sales and the transport team in maintaining all company standards.
Main duties include:
- Working on the weighbridge - Recording and calculating inputs for both internal and external vehicles.
- Completing waste transfer notes and other documentation
- Assisting with sales calls and booking orders onto the data base
- Dealing with site issues, assisting both Norris drivers and site teams
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent computer skills.
- A confident, articulate and polite telephone manner.
- An eye for detail and accuracy
- A passion to learn, commit and develop an exciting and rewarding career
- A flexible can-do attitude
- An engaging and amiable personality
This role of Transport Office Assistant and Administrator is the perfect opening that has the potential to offer a variety of career paths within our well established and fast growing waste management company.
- Monday to Friday from 0800hrs to 1730hrs with alternate Saturdays from 0800hrs to 1230hrs.
- An opportunity for overtime after a successful 3 month probation period. We also offer a life insurance policy to all staff.
- Holidays are 28 days including Bank Holidays – some allowance has to be used for Christmas break.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.