In light of COVID-19 and the ‘social distancing’ advice, we have made the decision to introduce contact free deliveries/collections, which we hope will offer peace of mind and protection for everyone.
Published: March 7, 2019
Successful applicants will have experience in heavy vehicle mechanics and will have opportunities to further their career within a medium sized family business. LGV licence would be an advantage but is not essential.
We operate predominately Mercedes Trucks 12-44 tonne, including skip lorries, tippers, grabs, rollonoffs, Dustcarts and artics. We also operate plant including excavators, loading shovels and telehandlers currently across three depots.
Salary will be very competitive with additional benefits including 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays and company pension scheme.
The successful applicant will be based at our Orpington depot in Kent for day time hours Monday to Friday and alternate Saturday mornings.
- Inspect vehicles and diagnose faults
- Attend to vehicle and plant breakdowns
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic faults
- Recognise and report vehicle defects or symptoms of impending failure
- Service, adjust and repair vehicles/components
- Complete job records
- Must possess own tools
- Previous experience in mechanics (preferably in both heavy vehicle and plant)
- Qualification in vehicle maintenance and repair (preferably heavy vehicle) eg City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electricals
- Driving licence (preferably HGV)
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent attitude to work and company ethos
- Problem solving skills
- Available for overtime
How to Apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.